As a recipient of federal financial assistance, the Village of Vicksburg must provide access to individuals with limited ability to speak, write, or understand the English language. The village will not restrict an individual in any way from the enjoyment of any advantage or privilege enjoyed by others receiving any service, financial aid, or other benefit under its programs or projects. Individuals may not be subjected to criteria or methods of administration which cause adverse impact because of their race, color, or national origin, or have the effect of defeating or substantially impairing accomplishment of the objectives of the program because of race, color or national origin. Therefore, the primary goals and objectives of the Village of Vicksburg’s Title VI Program are:
- To assign roles, responsibilities, and procedures for ensuring compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related regulations and directives;
- To ensure that people affected by the Village’s programs and projects receive the services, benefits, and opportunities to which they are entitled without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability;
- To prevent discrimination in the Village of Vicksburg’s programs and activities, whether those programs and activities are federally funded or not;
- To establish procedures for identifying impacts in any program, service, or activity that may create illegal adverse discrimination on any person because of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability; or on minority populations, low-income populations, the elderly, and all interested persons and affected Title VI populations;
- To establish procedures to annually review Title VI compliance within specific program areas within the village;
- To set forth procedures for filing and processing complaints by persons who believe they have been subjected to illegal discrimination under Title VI in the Village’s services, programs or activities.
For a complete version of the report please contact the Village Office.
File a Title VI Complaint: This form may be used to file a complaint with the Village of Vicksburg based on violations of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. You are not required to use this form; a letter that provides the same information may be submitted to file your complaint. Complaints should be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination. If you could not reasonably be expected to know the act was discriminatory within 180 day period, you have 60 days after you became aware to file your complaint. VOV Title VI Complaint Form