- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Scheduled Appearances –Cheri Szcondronski, Firefly Preservation and Todd Walsh, National Register of Historic Preservation Office (SHPO). agenda item 10. a.
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments – Agenda AND Non-Agenda (Citizens MUST state their full name and home address and limit their comments to 4 Minutes)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: December 6, 2021
Viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKI0F5tCr0E
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 468,753.85
- Event / Rental Requests:
- Rotary Charter Night, June 25, 2022 HV Pavilion
- Bike Friendly Kalamazoo, Sept 17, 2022 HV Pavilion
- Bike Friendly Kalamazoo, Sept 18, 2022 HV Gazebo, HV Grounds
- Correspondence: None
- Village Council Action Items
- Presentation by Todd Walsh on National District Program (SHPO) followed by Cheri Szcondronski updating status of Vicksburg’s specific nomination.
- Presentation Introduction: Jackie Koney
- Council Members Questions for Todd and Cheri.
- Council Member Comments
Staff Recommends: Letter of support from the Village of Vicksburg for the national historic district process.
COUNCIL ACTION: Motion to approve a letter of support for Vicksburg’s specific nomination.
- Excavation on DPW property related to construction of DPW Building
- Presentation by Staff: Mallery
Staff Recommendation: Motion to approve the Village Manager entering into an agreement with excavator company in an amount not to exceed $15,000.00 for excavation work on DPW property to ensure proper drainage. Estimates/Quotes are being received.
COUNCIL ACTION: Motion to approve Village Manager entering into an agreement with an excavation company in an amount not to exceed $15K; trustee support, council comments, roll call vote.
- SKCFA Budget Recommendation:
- Presentation: Mallery
Staff Recommendation: SKCFA Board members acknowledged to me during their meeting on December 15, 2021 that the information contained in the “SOUTH KALAMAZOO COUNTY FIRE AUTHORITY Proposed Capital Expenditure Budget” is lacking necessary detail. SKCFA acknowledged that they do not have a purchasing policy, an established level that identifies capital expenditures, as well as the detail on the proposed capital expenditures did not contain complete information. (Example: SCBA Packs Quantity 10 total expense $237,178.02. SCBA packs is undefined within the documents provided and after researching possible cost the total amount is more the twice what SCBA packs would cost. Board members thought “there might be more equipment within that line item to purchase that wasn’t documented on the report”. It is unknown what that equipment is.)
I sent the Village Purchasing Policy and other documentation to assist the SKCFA Board on 12/16/2021.
Staff recommendation is to table this issue until SKCFA provide adequate documentation on what their proposed 2022-2023 FY Budget is. If SKCFA does not provide detailed information, it will be staff recommendation to the Village Council to not support the proposed budget. The Village of Schoolcraft and Township of Schoolcraft voiced their concerns with the proposed budget as well.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Update on Infrastructure Project – Street Lights, Barricades, Liberty Lane step down areas.
- Angels Crossing Golf Presentation moved to February 7, 2022 due to the recent death of staff member.
- Future Council Meetings: Jan 3rd Michelle Morgan Running Investment Update, Jan. 17th Work Session: Audit Presentation, Regular Meeting: Commitments and Assignments, 2nd Qrt Amendments, Feb. 7th: Golf Presentation, Professional Construction Manager
- Presentation of Proposed 2022 Village Council Regular Meeting Dates
- Committee Reports
- SKCFA – Olson
- SKCSA – Keller
- Tree – Reisterer
- KATS – Olson
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
Village Rules of Order require citizens addressing the Council to state their name and address.