- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Scheduled Appearances – None Scheduled
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments – Agenda AND Non-Agenda (Citizens MUST state their full name and home address and limit their comments to 4 Minutes)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: October 18, 2021
Viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BH6bnVGeYU
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 439,331.58
- Event / Rental Requests:
- Correspondence: Rebecca Walters FOIAs
- Village Council Action Items
- Closed Session – Real Estate
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff Recommends: Motion be made to enter a closed-session pursuant to MCL 15-268(d). (Closed session will be held in back room at ambulance building.
After Returning from closed session:
- Discussion and request to approve the Village Manager to enter purchase agreement for property to be discussed.
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff Recommendation: Motion to approve the Village Manager and Village President to enter into a purchase agreement for discussed property.
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff Recommends: Motion be made to open the Public Hearing to consider the following:
- Public Hearing to consider the following:
- An Ordinance to adopt and enact a new code of ordinances for the Village of Vicksburg; to revise and update certain ordinances not included in the ordinance code; Define uses not defined in the Zoning Ordinances and remove conflicting use standards with the use table; and to provide for the manner of amending the Ordinance Code.
- PUBLIC HEARING OPEN:
- Presentation by Planning Director Bobby Durkee.
- Written Responses – None
- Public Comments – (Citizens must state their full name and home address and limit their comments to 4 minutes on topic of public hearing)
- Staff Recommendation – Mallery
- Close Public Hearing
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff recommends a motion, support and approval of Ordinance NO. 297 An ordinance to adopt and enact a new code of ordinances for the Village of Vicksburg; to revise and update certain ordinance provisions; to repeal certain ordinances not included in the ordinance code; and to provide for the manner of amending the ordinance code.
- Angels Crossing Golf Course needed Equipment: The purchase of the following needed equipment for Angels Crossing Golf Course Maintenance Department:
- Toro Greensmaster 3150Q (2) $70K
- Toro Reelmaster 3550 $60K
- Toro Sand Pro 3040 w/ blade & rake $17K
- Toro Turbine Blower $9.5K
- Tru Turf RS48-11c Roll ‘N’ Spike Roller $6K
- Gandy Towable drop Spreader $3K
- Turf Science Fairway Brush $3K
- 7” Box Blade $1.5K
- Spectrum TDR350 Mositure Meter $1.5K
Total Estimate: $171,500.00
It should be noted for the Council and citizens that the entire of amount of dollars for this request is paid for by revenue the golf course has earned in the past and does not use any general fund tax dollars.
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff recommends a motion, support and approval of authorizing the Village Manager to purchase the above listed equipment.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Update on Infrastructure Project – curb installation on Main Street completed to the intersection of Washington St, sewer, storm and watermain has been installed on Washington St. Main St. being rebuilt as all underground is installed within our downtown. The South side of Prairie St. had significant portions of the sidewalk installed. The outline of the downtown streetscapes is visible now with large bump outs midblock. It should be noted that the traffic lanes will be 11 ft which are standard in a downtown to ensure maximum speed of 25 mph zoned area.
Fire Hydrant in front of Hardware is going to be requested to move North into the bump-out, to ensure it will not block a parking space.
- 2020-2021 FY Audit in office work completed and went well. Public Presentation will be in January.
- Committee Reports
- SKCFA – Olson
- SKCSA – Keller
- Tree – Reisterer
- KATS – Olson
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time