- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Scheduled Appearances – None Scheduled
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments – Agenda AND Non-Agenda (Citizens MUST state their full name and home address and limit their comments to 4 Minutes)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: October 4, 2021
Viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVQNeg9ODb8&t=1659s
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 741,683.49 (Includes Infrastructure payments)
- Event / Rental Requests:
- Correspondence: John Stears Emails
- Village Council Action Items
- Closed Session – Real Estate
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff Recommends: Motion be made to enter a closed-session pursuant to MCL 15-268(d). (Closed session will be held in back room at ambulance building.
After Returning from closed session:
- Discussion and request to approve the Village Manager to enter negotiations to purchase property. If negotiations result in a tentative agreement, it will only be finalized via Council approval at a Village Council meeting which is open to the public.
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff Recommendation: Motion to approve the Village Manager to enter negotiations to purchase property in an amount not to exceed $80,000.00.
- Purchase additional tables for downtown: ACTION ITEM: Adding 8 46” wide commercial grade tables to downtown. Four (4) located at bump-out on Prairie St. and Four (4) to bump-out by Liberty Lane East. Two (2) of the 24” tables that were ordered will be moved to Liberty Lane West bump-out on Main St. These are being added due to the Social District being implemented after the original design and ordering of the streetscape project. Total anticipated cost will not exceed $9,000.00. The 2021-2022 FY Budget approved $7,500.00 for streetscapes and this request would allow staff to transfer up to $2,500.00 from the DDA Economic Development Fund (248-729) to the Streetscape Department Fund (248-750). This was unanimously supported and approved by the Planning Commission/DDA Board on October 11, 2021.
COUNCIL ACTION: Staff Recommendation: Motion be made to support and approve to authorize the village manager to purchase 8 commercial grade outdoor tables to add to the social district area and approval a budget amendment allocating up to $2,500.00 from 248-729 to 248-750. The total amount of money to purchase the 8 commercial grade tables is not to exceed $9,000.00.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Update on Infrastructure Project – curb installation close to being finalized, sidewalk prep and installation next to buildings on Prairie St, sewer is in on Washington and beginning new storm pipes (then watermain on Washington St.), Main St. being rebuilt as all underground is installed within our downtown. The North side of Prairie St., with the curb installed, gives an excellent view of the width of the new sidewalks and bump-outs that will be downtown. It should be noted that the traffic lanes will be 11 ft which are standard in a downtown 25 mph zoned area.
- Diane Gilligan – Added responsibilities as Deputy Clerk beginning this pay period.
- 2020-2021 FY Audit will begin the week of October 18th. Draft financial report has been completed by Siegfried Crandall’s team.
- Committee Reports
- SKCFA – Olson
- SKCSA – Keller
- Tree – Reisterer
- KATS – Olson
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time