- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Scheduled Appearances – None Scheduled
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments – Agenda AND Non-Agenda (Citizens MUST state their full name and home address and limit their comments to 4 Minutes)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: January 3, 2022
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 117,014.99
- Event / Rental Requests – None
- Correspondence – SKCFA Emails reference Budget Information Request
- Village Council Action Items –
- Fredrick Construction Services as a Construction Manager for the Village of Vicksburg: Approve the village manager to enter into a contract with Fredrick’s Construction to be the Construction Manager for Village of Vicksburg construction projects.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Motion, support, and approval via roll-call vote to approve the village manager to enter into a contract to have Fredrick Construction act in the capacity of Construction Manager for the Village of Vicksburg.
- DPW – Storm Water Runoff System: Approve the village manager to enter into a contract with Fredrick Construction to manage the installation the engineered storm-water runoff system related to the DPW Building. The amount not to exceed $ (Summary to be sent Monday). The funds are available and will be a part of the budget amendments presented at the Feb 21st Village Council meeting.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Motion, Support and roll-call vote to approve the village manager to enter into a contract with Fredrick Construction to be the General Contractor and manage the installation of the engineer storm-water system related to the DPW pole barn building.
- Village Hall Options: Enter a contract with Fredrick’s Construction to provide a comprehensive report on options and recommendations towards a new/updated village hall facility. Options include the following three (3):
- Build New
- Renovate/enlarge the existing facility
- Purchase an existing building and renovate to meet Village’s needs.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Motion, Support, and roll-call vote to approve the village manager to enter into a contract with an amount not to exceed $17,600.00 plus reimbursable expenses (listed in packet) with Fredrick’s Construction to engage in the following work:
- Development and Distribution of a survey to village staff, board members, and others (Village Discretion).
- Prepare Conceptional Design and budget for each option
- Once option is chosen; Building program, preliminary site plan, preliminary floor plans, preliminary 2-d exterior elevations, preliminary construction cost.
- Village Financial Commitments and Assignments
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Motion, Support and roll-call vote to approve the recommended financial commitments and assignments contained in Resolution 01172022-1 which will continue on the 5-year financial plan of the Village to reach a fully funded capital improvement plan.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Update on Infrastructure Project – Traffic Lights will be hung on Poles as before project and poles are installed. Anticipate lights installed by the end of January.
- Update on Fire Authority Budget Recommendation: No Information has been provided by SKCFA.
- Committee Reports
- Planning Commission / DDA
- South Kalamazoo County Fire Authority
- South County Sewer Authority
- Tree Committee
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
Village Rules of Order require citizens addressing the Council to state their name and address.