PROCEDURE: Household clean-up is drop off only (no longer curb side). Do NOT drop early.
LOCATION: Garbage trucks will be at Wellhouse Drive near the Vicksburg Little League Senior Field at the back of the property to accept trash.
REQUIRED: MUST be a village resident AND bring a Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID to prove village residency.
The following WILL be accepted:
- Furniture and rolls of carpet – must be four feet in length or less
- Trash – Must be bagged or boxed and weigh less than 35 LBS
- Mattresses/box-springs must be sealed in plastic mattress bags
- Glass and mirrors should be boxed and marked
- All small items must be in bags or boxes
The following WILL BE REJECTED:
- Appliances – Stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, freezers, air conditioners
- Hot tubs
- Construction debris, building materials or fencing
- Brush & yard trimmings (including leaves and grass clippings)
- Ammunition or fireworks
- Rocks, sand, dirt, sod, stumps, or concrete rubble
- Dead animals and pet waste
- Household hazardous waste (oil-based paints, liquid latex paints, gasoline, any type of battery, and pesticides. See Disposal of Hazardous Waste below)
- Heavy iron and large plastic drums
- Major building materials generated from commercial projects
- Propane or helium cylinders
- Auto parts, engines, tires, batteries, oil, or gas
- Iron or steel, or cast-iron bathtubs
Disposal of Hazardous Waste
For locations and drop off dates, call Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste Center (269)-373-5211. Location at 1301 Lamont Street.
Check www.kalcounty.com/hhw for hours of operation. Must have a valid driver’s license to show proof of address as Kalamazoo County resident.