- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments for agenda items only (3 min time limit)
- Scheduled Appearance—None
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: March 6, 2023
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 122,130.01
- Event Requests –
- Marey Cook’s Graduation Party June 25, 2023 1pm – 4pm HV Pavilion
- South County Community Services Easter Egg Hunt: April 8, 2023 10 am – 3 pm HV Pavilion and grounds area.
- Correspondence – None
- Village Council Action Items
- 2023-2024 FY Budget: Staff is recommending a motion, support and approval for $15,000.00 of the 2023-2024 FY DDA revenue to be budgeted for the BURG Days of Summer programming on Wednesday nights. The Planning Commission and DDA Board unanimously supported and approved this request. This will be matched by a $20,000.00 grant that has been approved by the Vicksburg Foundation for the same programming.
- 2023-2024 FY Budget: Staff is recommending a motion, support and approval for $18,000.00 of the 2023-2024 FY DDA revenue to be budgeted for the continuation of the Property Improvement for Public Benefit grant program. This will be matched by a $18,000.00 grant that has been approved by the Vicksburg Foundation for the same programming.
- 2023 Dodge Durango Police Cruiser: $42,545.00 purchased through MDEALS. To fully outfit vehicle with police radio, security barrier, etc is an additional $11,158.90. Total to need exceed: $53,705.00. The Dodge Durango is less expensive than the Ford Explorer. The main 3 police vehicles were tested and the Durango was rated higher. Staff is recommending a motion, support and approval for the Village Manager to entered into contracts to purchase and outfit a 2023 Dodge Durango Police Package in an amount not to exceed $53,705.00.
- Resolution 03202023-02: Application for Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate from Vicksburg Land Company, LLC. Staff is recommending a motion, support and approval of this resolution.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Housing Grant Update: Application complete and sent directly to 26 owner occupied residences via South County Community Services.
- Drainage pipe installation in Clark Park will begin this week. Installed by Milbocker, near the play structure, to drain water to creek faster and keep land as dry as possible.
- Committee Reports
- Parks and Rec
- Planning Commission
- SKCSA – Sewer
- SKCFA – Fire
- Citizen’s Comments for non-agenda items only (3 min limit)
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
The Village of Vicksburg Village Council meeting will be in-person. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person. If you desire to speak to the Village Council, please attend the Village Council meeting in-person. Citizens may view Village of Vicksburg Governmental meetings live at (You will not be able to make citizen comments via Youtube):
When: Mar 20, 2023 7:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Village of Vicksburg Work Session (6pm) and Regularly Scheduled Meeting (7pm)
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
US: +13052241968, 86384421419#,*990791# or +13092053325, 86384421419#,*990791#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 305 224 1968 or +1 309 205 3325 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 360 209 5623 or +1 386 347 5053 or +1 507 473 4847 or +1 564 217 2000 or +1 669 444 9171 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 689 278 1000 or +1 719 359 4580 or +1 253 205 0468
Webinar ID: 863 8442 1419
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kqiplfjTq