- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments for agenda items only (3 min limit)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: Dec 19th, 2022
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 226,234.41
- Event Requests –
- Correspondence – None
9.Village Council Action Items
- Resolution 01162023-1: A resolution committing and/or assigning fund balances in accordance with GASB Statement No. 54. Staff is recommending a motion, support and approval of this resolution.
- Police MOU amendment to Collective Bargaining Agreement: MOU Attached. Staff is recommending a motion and support for the final approval of the MOU extension to the CBA until December 31, 2026. The Vicksburg Police Officer’s ratified the vote.
- Contract with Prein&Newhof: Staff is recommending approval for the Village Manager to enter into a contract with Prein&Newhof to provide professional engineering services to assist the Village of Vicksburg with preparing a Project Plan for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) for water system improvements focused on lead-line replacement required by the State of Michigan. The proposed contract will not exceed $25,000.00 and will focus on a plan to replace a water distribution main and associated service lines in the neighborhood generally described as south of downtown, west of the high school and east of the Mill.
- SKCFA Budget: Staff is recommending approval of the proposed 2023-2024 Fire Authority Budget.
10. Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Master Plan Public Meetings: At Planning Commission meeting January 9th. McKenna representatives and village staff will be in local eateries Wednesday and Thursday, January 18 & 19 soliciting input from customers on the Village Master Plan Update Initiative.
- Beginning to prep 2023-2024 FY budget: Summary of timeline.
11. Committee Reports
- Parks and Rec
- Planning Commission
- SKCSA – Sewer
- SKCFA – Fire
- Citizen’s Comments for non-agenda items only (3 min limit)
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
The Village of Vicksburg Village Council meeting will be in-person and have remote access. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person. However, we encourage virtual participation to limit potential COVID exposure in the meeting room. If you desire to speak to the Village Council, please log onto the Zoom Webinar (Information on next page). Citizens may view Village of Vicksburg Governmental meetings live at:
When: Jan 16, 2023 7:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Village of Vicksburg Council Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
US: +13126266799, 87341966037#, *730292# or +16469313860, 87341966037#, *730292#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 305 224 1968 or +1 309 205 3325 or +1 386 347 5053 or +1 507 473 4847 or +1 564 217 2000 or +1 669 444 9171 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 689 278 1000 or +1 719 359 4580 or +1 253 205 0468 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 360 209 5623
Webinar ID: 873 4196 6037
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kGN8szklE
If the participant wishes to raise their hand while in a meeting on a phone, they must dial *9 on their phone’s dial pad. To lower their hand, the participant must once again dial *9 in the phone’s dial pad.
Instructions on how to unmute / mute during citizen comment times:
If the participant wishes to unmute while in a meeting on a phone, they must dial *6 on their phone’s dial pad. To mute, the participant must once again dial *6 in the phone’s dial pad.
The following link details the instructions as well:
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kTtZLhEsE