- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments for agenda items only (3 min time limit)
- Scheduled Appearance—Steve Mann, Village Attorney reference bonding and Jason Washler reference Sprinkle Road Project update.
- Sprinkle Road Update: Jason Washler
- Resolution: 02202023-01 Authorizing Publication of Notice of Intent to Issue Revenue Bonds and declaration of Intent to Reimburse
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council and Work Session Meeting: February 6, 2023
- Warrant Reports: Total $124,881.70
- Event Requests –
- Hearty Hustle
- Burg Days of Summer Program: Main and Prairie St Closure 430 pm – 9:30 pm (Programs 5:30 pm – 8:30 PM) every Wednesday evening from June 14 – August 16, 2023 (minus July 5 – streets will be open).
- Correspondence – None
- Village Council Action Items
- 2022-2023 FY Budget amendment related to item 10. b and 10. c.. The original 22-23 FY budget allocated $50K for a new DPW Pickup Truck. Staff is recommended amending the budget to $66,000.00 for the Pickup truck and associated plow. The additional $15K will be debited from the assignment for DPW vehicles that was made in January 2023. The total in that CIP saving account will be $9,000.00. This balance will be added to each year for the anticipation of the next Pickup Truck being purchased in the 28-29FY. Staff is recommending a motion, support and approval to amend this budget code upward by $16K.
- DPW Pickup Truck Replacing a 2008 Chevrolet Pickup Approve the Village Manager to enter into contract to order the 2024 Chevrolet 2500 Work Truck for an amount not to exceed $55,000.00. Staff is recommendation a motion, support and approval for the Village Manager to enter into a contract with Cole-Krum Chevrolet in an amount not to exceed $55,000.00 for a 2024 2500 Chevrolet Work Truck.
- DPW Winter Plow for the new 2024 Chevrolet 2500 Work Truck. The piece of equipment will be purchased through Steensma Lawn under the State of Michigan bid guarantee. This new plow and equipment retails for over $13.5K and under the municipal program for the Village of Vicksburg, our cost is $10,176.00. Staff is recommending a motion, support, and approval for the Village Manager to purchase a Western Snow Plow from Steensma Lawn and Power Equipment for $10,176.00.
- Village of Vicksburg ARPA Funds Committed to Water-Main and Lead-Line Replacement Project #2. Staff is recommending a motion, support, and approval for the Village of Vicksburg to use the $366,000.00 from the Federal Government ARAPA Disbursement for the above listed project. This is needed for documentation for the application to the USDA for that project.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- BURG Days of Summer Pilot Program: I am requesting a motion, support and approval to submit a grant request to the Vicksburg Foundation for a grant of $20,000.00. Within the 2023-2024 FY I will present utilizing $15,000.00 of DDA revenue to invest in bringing individuals and families into downtown Vicksburg. This program will be led by the Village of Vicksburg.
- Property Improvement Matching Grant Request: This request will be a 100% match of $18,000.00 to continue the Property Improvement Grant Program that was initiated last year and replaced the traditional Façade Grant Program. I am requesting a motion, support, and approval to submit a grant request to the Vicksburg Foundation in the amount of $18,000.00.
- The March 6, 2023 The meeting will be led by Asst Village Manager Sanderson will run the meeting. Director of Finance, Michelle Morgan, will lead the Planning Commission/DDA meeting on March 13th. I will remote-in via Zoom for those meetings.
- Review the events of the 1st Annual IceBURG Festival from February 11, 2023.
- Committee Reports
- Parks and Rec
- Planning Commission
- SKCSA – Sewer
- SKCFA – Fire
- Citizen’s Comments for non-agenda items only (3 min limit)
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
The Village of Vicksburg Village Council meeting will be in-person and have remote access. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person. If you desire to speak to the Village Council, please log onto the Zoom Webinar (Information on next page). Citizens may view Village of Vicksburg Governmental meetings live at:
When: Feb 20, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Village of Vicksburg
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
US: +16469313860, 82059523904#, *112692# or +19292056099, 82059523904#, *112692#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 305 224 1968 or +1 309 205 3325 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 507 473 4847 or +1 564 217 2000 or +1 669 444 9171 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 689 278 1000 or +1 719 359 4580 or +1 253 205 0468 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 360 209 5623 or +1 386 347 5053
Webinar ID: 820 5952 3904
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcLDdGBYt