- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Scheduled Appearances – Drew Johnson, Executive Director of South County Community Services
- Public Official Appearances – None Scheduled
- Citizen’s Comments – Agenda AND Non-Agenda (Citizens MUST state their full name and home address and limit their comments to 4 Minutes. Calling from phone *9 signals you desire to speak and *6 will unmute when called upon)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: Mar. 15, 2021
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 1,023,161.20 *Check for Prein Newhof $836,155.80 will be issued to Milbocker & Sons, Inc for this phase of project.
- Event / Rental Requests –
- Pickerel Lake Association: Historic Village Pavilion: April 21, 2021
- Leon Cowan II Birthday Party: Sunset Park Pavilion: May 15, 2021
- Vicksburg Farmer’s Market Fridays 5/21/21-9/24/21 HV Pavilion
- Vicksburg Vintage Show: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day HV Pavilion
- Rotary Club Charter Night 7/10/2021 Historic Village Pavilion
- Correspondence –
- Village Council Action Items
- DPW Woodchipper: DPW Uses the municipal scale woodchipper each month for brush management. A new woodchipper would be in excess of $45K. Even a used 10 year-old model is over $20K. The fuel pump, injectors, and engine analysis to completely repair is $8,321.01. The diagnostic analysis was already preformed to determine what was not working properly. This amount ($1,137.83) will be deducted. This was the low quote.
ACTION ITEM: Staff is recommending that the Village Manager be authorized to enter a contract with Cummins Sales and Service to fix the existing DPW Woodchipper in the amount of $7,183.18. We are also requesting a budget amendment in the amount of $10,000.00 be added to the following revenue and expense line items in the DPW 2020-2021 budget to ensure there is enough dollars. The $10,000.00 will come from 2020-2021 General Fund Revenue. Revenue: 204-204-402-000 Expense: 204-441-775-001
- Approve the Village Manager to sign a contract with Peerless Midwest to complete repairs to the wellhouse that supplies Angels Crossing Golf Course irrigation system. This is in addition to the $12K repair from the last council meeting. The scope of work will install a new Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based control panel. This will monitor and adjust the flow and pressure set points for the system. It is a required piece of equipment and the original one from 2004 failed. The cost of the repair, required equipment, and labor will be $26,440.00. This was the low quote. The high quote was for $34,600.0
ACTION ITEM: Staff is recommending that the Village Manager be authorized to enter into a contract with Peerless Midwest Inc. to fix, repair, and replace needed equipment in the Angels Crossing pump house for $26,440.00.
- Downtown Area: Conduit for High-Speed Internet Installation during infrastructure project. Staff is recommending that the Village Council to approve the Village Manager to enter into an agreement with Milbocker & Sons, Inc to install the conduit that would be needed for highspeed internet in the downtown area of Prairie and Main Streets. The work would be completed during the infrastructure project progress in our downtown area. This will be an investment for our future as the conduit would be required upon the installation of highspeed internet and would require some tearing up of the roadway. By completing during the project this will be avoided. The investment will be $45,600.00. This quote is only good until April 22, 2021 due to the volatility of the PVC market right now. Staff recommends funding this with 2020-2021 General Fund revenue and request the Village Council also approving the needed budget amendments to the respective expense line item that are documented. There is the probability that this investment will be recoup via the 2021 Federal Stimulus disbursements to municipalities as Broadband infrastructure is pre-approved.
ACTION ITEM: Staff is recommending that the Village Council approve the Village Manager to enter into a contract with Milbocker & Sons, Inc to install highspeed internet conduit in our downtown area (Prairie & Main St.) at the investment of $45,600.00. Staff is also recommending an approval of the following expense line item in 2020-2021 FY Budget to reflect this approval. 101-900-974-090 Construction in Progress: $45,600.00.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- Update on Infrastructure Project –
- Village Hall will open to the public with CDC restrictions on Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
- State of Policing: Mallery and Chief Sanderson
- Social District: Alex Lee
- Committee Reports
- Denny Olson Fire Authority Update
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
When: Apr 19, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Village of Vicksburg – Council Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +1301-715-8592,,814-4579-1696 #,,,,*905605# or +1-312-6266799,,81445791696#,,,,*905605#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782 or
+1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 814 4579 1696
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcFE4lUXyO
Phone controls for participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using your phone’s dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6– Toggle mute/unmute
- *9– Raise hand
Village Rules of Order require citizens addressing the Council to state their name and address.