- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Scheduled Appearances – Mike Fredrick Completion of Sunset Lake, Clark Park, and pond gazebo Projects
- Public Official Appearances
- Citizen’s Comments for agenda items only (3 min limit)
- Approval of General Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Regular Council Meeting: September 19th, 2022
- Warrant Reports: Total $ 109,788.07
- Event Requests –
- Vicksburg High School Fall Homecoming Parade – Closing Wilson, Prairie, Main, Park Streets to vehicular traffic between 4:30 pm and the conclusion of the parade.
- Correspondence – None
- Village Council Action Items
- Historic Village Boxcar Roof Replacement: The existing boxcar metal roof has deteriorated and is leaking. This was not originally in the Historical Societies Needs, Wants, and Wishes, however, there is concern with the contents of the boxcar being damaged with a leaking roof and winter approaching. The Historical Society has approved the use of modern materials in lieu of matching the original metal roofing material. The Historical Society has been advised that this investment will necessitate other 2022-2023 FY projects within the Historic Village will be moved to the 2023-2024 FY budget.
Staff is recommending approval for the Village Manager to enter in to a contract with Fredrick Construction to act as the Village’s Construction Manager overseeing this project. Cost not to exceed $9,300.00.
- Resolution 10032022-01 Establishing a refund to Village of Vicksburg tax payers under the 1978 Headlee Amendment to the State of Michigan Constitution. Staff is recommending a motion, support, and approval of this resolution. Reduction of the Tax Levy from 15.163 to 15.0322 for the 2022-2023 FY.
- January Council meeting dates change to January 16 and January 30, 2023. The first Monday in January is January 2nd and there are 5 Mondays in the month of January 2023. To be prepared for the public audit presentation, it would be more efficient to hold the Council meetings on the 3rd and 5th Monday in January 2023. Staff is recommending Council approval of changing the Council meeting dates in January 2023 to January 16th and January 30th, 2023.
- Village Manager Report (Mallery)
- DDA Grant Program distributed in person and via email to DDA Businesses. Applications due on October 7th.
- Will be forming a small committee to begin organizing 2023 summer events.
- Committee Reports
- Parks and Rec
- Planning Commission
- SKCSA – Sewer
- SKCFA – Fire
- Citizen’s Comments for non-agenda items only (3 min limit)
- Village Trustee’s Time
- Village President’s Time
The Village of Vicksburg Village Council meeting will be in-person and have remote access. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person. However, we encourage virtual participation to limit potential COVID exposure in the meeting room. If you desire to speak to the Village Council, please log onto the Zoom Webinar (Information on next page). Citizens may view Village of Vicksburg Governmental meetings live at:
When: Oct 3, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Village of Vicksburg
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
US: +16469313860, 86973506367#,*471938# or +19292056099, 86973506367#, *471938#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 205 6099or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 309 205 3325 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 386 347 5053 or +1 564 217 2000 or +1 669 444 9171 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 719 359 4580 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 869 7350 6367
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keA5rFNtN
If the participant wishes to raise their hand while in a meeting on a phone, they must dial *9 on their phone’s dial pad. To lower their hand, the participant must once again dial *9 in the phone’s dial pad.
Instructions on how to unmute / mute during citizen comment times:
If the participant wishes to unmute while in a meeting on a phone, they must dial *6 on their phone’s dial pad. To mute, the participant must once again dial *6 in the phone’s dial pad.
The following link details the instructions as well: